Monday, January 28, 2008

Spotted on the Elevator:

A very fashionable lady was riding the elevator with me today. She looked completely pulled together! Her outfit was simple: a bright red-orange button up shirt with gray slacks, strappy shoes, and a brown handbag with a matching orange stripe around the top.

There's no way I could take a picture of her, so a sketch will have to suffice.
The thing I loved about her outfit was that though it looked pulled together, it appeared effortless. Like maybe it happened by accident.

Someday, I aspire to look so pulled together. Maybe confidence always looks so effortless, but I have a really hard time being confidant in what I'm wearing every single day. Sure, there are a few days each week when I really like what I'm wearing; those are the days that I get lots of complements. But it's not like that every day.


~ Abi

No comments: