Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Miraculous Sale!

I can't believe it - I bought the coat today!! I think I'm still in shock...

I happened to be passing by the window of the boutique store and new sale signs were posted in the window - "Winter Clearance." I don't know why, but I walked in and asked about the coat. They had one left in my size, and it was 70% off! The discount brought it down to a reasonable price. Sure, it maxed out my whole clothing budget for the month, but it's an amazing coat.

The coat is designed by Mackage, an international outerwear label. I didn't know much about the designers when I bought the coat, but I went home and pulled up the website and read all about the label and the inspiration for the season. I also found the video of the runway show. It was such an amazing experience to watch my coat appear in the show. I finally feel like I'm actually a participant in the world of fashion instead of just a bystander.

This is the picture from the website, which shows the coat in brown instead of the black that I bought. This is a great picture of the coat. I don't look at all like a model so the coat looks different on me, but I feel amazing.

I still can't believe I actually own a coat that was in a runway show!

No comments: