Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I need a new coat!

I need a new coat!

I've been wearing my long green down coat; it works pretty well as a coat, warm enough for the weather, but I feel sorta like Michelin man wearing it.

I came to this realization today, while I was meeting with the assistant of a company VP today. It was just a quick meeting to formalize plans, and I work in a totally different building. Even though I was wearing the nice outfit that I picked out this morning, my outfit was covered by the green Michelin man coat.

Now, I don't remember what the assistant was wearing; probably a nicely fitting suit. But it was enough that my own insecurities about the coat were multiplied exponentially. She looked relaxed and confident, and all the while I was just wishing I wasn't wearing a coat.

As soon as I got off work, I stopped at the Accessories department and bought a wide belt. No, its not a coat; but it does update the coat enough that I at least look like the Michelin Woman!

See -- look; even on a hanger the coat looks better!


No comments: