Friday, December 19, 2008

Adventures in Shopping

This weekend I went shopping with my friend Allison. She really needed a "little black dress" for some upcoming events and I am happy to say that we found one!

Allison is about 5'3" and often has trouble finding clothes to wear because she wears a plus size. She's also had lots of bad shopping experiences, so she was really nervous to go shopping. Fortunately, I insisted that we would have a better experience at Nordstrom. It took a little convincing, but eventually I took her over to the Encore department.

The salesperson was very nice and when we told her we were looking for a little black dress she immediately pulled out several options. Most of the options we never would have considered when they were hanging on the hanger. Allison dutifully tried them on, and was amazed how great they looked.

To the right is a picture of one we loved. (I have selected it in purple here because the details show up better.) The flowing layers are actually very slimming. It was so great to see Allison's face light up when she tried on this dress and came out to the big mirror where I was waiting.


~ Abi

No comments: